What Are Area Rug Pads?
Area rug pads are essential for each area rug in your home. These pads provide you with additional cushioning underfoot, absorb impact, prevent slipping and bunching, and help reduce wear and tear on your rug and your flooring underneath. They also help extend the lifespan of your area rug and your hard surface flooring by providing an extra layer of protection. Enhance the comfort, safety, and longevity of your rugs with high-quality area rug pads.
MAIN TYPES OF AREA RUG PADS
There are three major types of rug pads for hard surface floors:
- Non-slip rug pads made from natural rubber prevent wrinkling and bunching
- Cushioned felt rug pads add a plush layer of comfort to larger area rugs
- Cushion + grip rug pads of rubber and felt are a combination of the two
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING
Not all rug pads are suited to every rug:
- Review your flooring manufacturer's recommendations to ensure that the rug pad material is compatible with your floor
- Check your floor's warranty to see if the use of any specific rug pad materials could void your warranty
- Contact our experts for more information about measuring for a rug pad or selecting the right pad for your lifestyle